Dear Parents of the Class of 2020,
First, congratulations to your student on their graduation! This has certainly been a challenging year for all of us with the closing of schools in March and the cancellations of so many activities and events due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Uncertainty and ever-changing public health restrictions and guidelines make for a challenging environment. For a number of reasons, the PTSA board of directors has decided it will not host any senior events this summer. The reasons include, but are not limited to, lack of interest expressed by a majority of the senior class members for an in-person event, continuing concerns surrounding COVID-19, and promoting the health and safety of our graduates and their families. Disregard any prior communication concerning PTSA sponsorship you may have seen to the contrary. Our PTSA is not sponsoring and will not sponsor or otherwise participate in any such events.
The PTSA board of directors has decided that a prorated refund of senior activities fees is the most prudent option consistent with the welfare of our students and our fiduciary duties to the membership. As the money was given with the intent of funding PTSA sponsored senior events and activities, and the PTSA is not sponsoring or otherwise participating in any such events, all remaining senior activities fees/senior baby photo contest proceeds will be returned to those who paid them. Contributors will be receiving a prorated refund in the same method it was paid (either via check or PayPal) as soon as is practicable. There is no email request needed for this action to occur.
Below is a summary of related income and expenses for senior activities fees/senior baby photo contest fees:
- The PTSA received $27,764.12 in senior activities fees donations (after electronic transaction fees).
- The PTSA spent $5,568.52 from those proceeds on senior treats and yard signs.
- The surplus senior activities fees amount is $22,195.60.
- The PTSA received $785 in revenue from the senior baby photo contest.
- The PTSA spent $91.36 to defray the cost of the contest.
- The surplus senior baby pictures amount is $693.64.
- The surplus funds will be refunded at a 79.28% pro rata basis as follows:
- To persons that donated $105 in senior activities fees: $83.25
- To persons that donated $100 in senior activities fees: $79.28
- To persons that donated $85 in senior activities fees: $67.39
- To persons that participated in senior baby photos: $4.42 (per picture)
We hope that you and your family have a safe, healthy, and happy summer!
The Executive Committee of the JCHS PTSA,
Kimberly McDonald, Co-President
Nicole Logan, Co-President
Nicole Adams, Secretary
Julia Moravec, Treasurer
Nikki Schreck, Parliamentarian
“Good to know” Items for Rising 9th Grade Parents
From Johns Creek HS PTSARead More >